Skip to main content

Loyalty


==========
Retribution
3/10/2019
Off Camera
==========

The United Center in Chicago, Illinois played host to the 2019 Retribution pay per view for Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Retribution was certainly an appropriate word for the evening as four teams engaged in a brutal and bloody war for control over Supreme Championship Wrestling.  It was Tactical Warfare and to say that it was a violent episode would be an understatement.

Marie and Kimberly are making a rather awkward and silent walk back through the backstage area of the United Center.  They were on the losing end tonight as their side, Team Katya, went down in defeat.  But that isn’t the reason for the awkward silence.  Hell, to be perfectly frank, the identical twins are kind of happy that Katya went down in defeat.  After what has gone on over the past few weeks and what went on tonight, neither Marie nor Kimberly really wants to see Katya anywhere near a position of power ever again.

No, this awkward silence is due to the fact that Marie now realizes that she has been played for a fool all along.  She now realizes that her sister, Kimberly, has been trying to help her and support her this entire time and Marie never seemed to care.  She never seemed to give it any thought.

The twin siblings need to work some things out and they both realize this.  What Marie doesn’t know is quite how Kimberly will react. Kimberly and Marie were as close as any pair of sisters could get.  Kimberly has been willing to support her twin no matter what, through thick and thin, and even through any mistakes one or the other may make.  They were inseparable.  But watching with how quickly Kimberly is walking, how fast she is going, almost as if she is trying to get away from Marie, it makes Marie think that they may not be as inseparable as they once were.

Kimberly’s fast walking allows her to get slightly ahead.  Williams approaches a door and pushes it open, shutting it closed behind her and on Marie.  Marie walks forward and to a dressing room door.  She turns the knob and pushes the door open.  The dressing room is actually quite roomy; wooden benches line two of the walls while blue lockers line the other two walls.  An SCW Retribution pay per view poster is hanging on one of the walls and the floor is a plain concrete one.

Marie immediately spots Kimberly sitting down on a bench.  Her gym bag has already been laid out and its contents emptied onto the floor.  The Phoenix sighs and decides to break the silence...

“Kimberly, I…” Marie’s voice trails off, she isn’t sure how she should word this.  Kimberly, though, finishes the thought for her…

“I think what you’re trying to say is ‘thank you’...” Kimberly jumps up from the bench and storms over to Marie.  A look of fire is in her eyes, a look that Marie hasn’t seen in quite some time.  Kimberly faces her twin sister “...or maybe ‘I’m sorry’, that works too!”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Marie bows her head in shame. “I’m sorry…”

“Do you mean it, though?” Kimberly frowns as she approaches Marie, staring a hole right through her. “Do you actually mean it?”

“Of course I do.”

“Look, Marie, I’m not dumb.” Kimberly sighs and shakes her head. “I know the perception about me, about how I’m goofy and crazy.” The Woman Scorned puts on a fake playful smile. “Crazy Kim, right?!”

“Yeah…” Marie’s voice trails off.

“You know, I can understand how all of those other people think that about me.” She chuckles nastily. “Hell, I kinda prefer it that way.  But you…” Kimberly pokes a finger into Marie’s chest “...you should know better.”

“I know.” Marie nods her head.

“Yet I get the feeling that you sometimes have that same perception about me as everyone else.  You see me and you think I’m just crazy Kim and yeah, I am crazy Kim, but I am also your sister and I have been supportive of you one hundred and ten percent, even when you were dead wrong.”

Kimberly holds up one finger. “Number one, remember when you walked out of UWA without so much as a warning?  I didn’t agree with it, neither did Jessica.  That’s why she didn’t back you up.  But I walked out with you and I went with you to SCW.  Your agent, Tabitha Silverstone, dumped you for that move, and to be honest I can’t blame her...” Kimberly smirks evilly “...and yet I’ll still maim the bitch the first chance I get, all because she dumped you.”

The Phoenix’s eyes suddenly grow wide at the revelation from Kimberly that she wants to maim Silverstone.  Marie quickly shakes her head. “Uh, no need for that!”

“Are you sure?  I mean, I won’t leave any trace of a body or anything.”

“Seriously, Kim.  No.” Marie retorts.

“Whatever.  Anyway, that’s not all.” Kimberly holds up two fingers. “Number two, as if your impatience with UWA wasn’t enough, you got impatient again, with SCW this time, and your threw your lot in with Katya and Dark Fantasy.”

The Woman Scorned sighs and shakes her head. “The first world title match you received, against Sienna, let’s face it, that had nothing to do with Katya.  Sasha said it herself, you were winning the fucking vote already.  The people who supported you no matter what, your fans, they KNEW you deserved a title match and they were going to give it to you.  But when Syren promised she would give you a title match when she became world champion…” Kimberly’s voice trails off.

“It was a lie.” Marie says with a sigh. “I know.”

“Oh it wasn’t a lie, she gave you a world title match, but it was never going to be fair.  I knew her and Ravyn were manipulating you and were going to screw you.  You know how I knew it?” The Wild Card points to herself. “I was once just as rotten, nasty, and vile as them.  Hell, I still am capable of being that bad.”

She places a hand on Marie’s shoulder. “But you taught me the difference between right and wrong.  You made me into a good person.  So seeing them corrupt you, manipulate you into becoming as rotten as them, it pissed me off.  I wanted to rip their fucking heads off.”

“Why didn’t you?” Marie asks quietly.

“Because you told me to.”

“Really?” Marie arches her brow. “If I told you to jump off a cliff, would you?”

“Probably.” Kimberly says with a grin as she shrugs her shoulders. “It might be fun.”

“But you’d fall to your death, idiot!” Marie exclaims.

“Eh, I’ve lived a good life.”

“You’d seriously do all that for me?  Just because I asked?”

“Yes.” Kimberly nods her head. “I love you and I would do anything for you, Marie.  In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I will always support you, I will always stand by your side, even if you’re doing something incredibly fucking stupid.  We’ll just do something incredibly fucking stupid together!” Kimberly claps enthusiastically.

“No, not anymore.” Marie shakes her head with tears rolling down her cheeks. “Kimberly Frances Williams, I love you too, and if I ever do anything that you think is a mistake, do not hesitate to tell me.  Do not hesitate to stop me.  And…”

Marie leans in and embraces Kimberly in a tight hug “...I am so very sorry for acting like a total bitch.  Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?”

“Don’t worry about it,” Kimberly says with a wink “just consider us even for the whole me kidnapping you, locking you in my basement, and replacing you thing a few years ago.  Sound good?”

“Yeah, sounds good.”

“And look,” Kimberly wraps an arm around Marie’s shoulder “I may have gotten a little irritated there, but I guess that goes with the territory of having feelings and emotions and being a normal person and shit like that, right?”

“Yeah, I guess…” Marie says with a slight chuckle.

“And you know, it may take awhile to earn the trust of certain people in this locker room.  But you know that.”

“Yeah.” Marie sighs and nods her head.

“But one thing I know about the fans is that they’re suckers for a good redemption story.  They’ll forgive you.  And me?  I forgive you.  And one other thing you can take to the bank is my support.  I will always stay by your side no matter what.  And there’s a reason for that.”

“Why’s that?” Marie asks with a cocked head.

“No, not here.” Kimberly remarks, shaking her head. “We’ll do this back at your hotel.”

==========
Later That Night
Back At The Hotel
Off Camera
==========

Retribution has long since concluded and a rental vehicle has pulled up to the front of the Hilton in Chicago, Illinois.  Marie exits the driver’s side side and Kimberly exits the passenger side, skipping happily up to the valet who stands there, ready for the keys.  Instead of keys, he receives a big kiss on the lips from The Woman Scorned.

“There ya go, big boy!” Kimberly exclaims with a wink.

“Don’t mind her,” Marie says with a chuckle “she’s drunk.”

The valet laughs uneasily as he takes the keys from Marie and goes over to the car to park it.  Meanwhile Marie casts a curious gaze at her twin sister.

“Are you ok?”

“Of course I am, sis!  Now come on, we have much to discuss!”

The Phoenix sighs as she follows Kimberly through the doors and into the hotel lobby.  The hotel lobby is classy in the most unclassy way possible. It has all the corporate taste for opulent items without the slightest touch of personality - those little out of sync items that makes decor "human."  The deep brown floor shines as well any polished glass. There are flowers, beautiful, the perfect shade of orange to compliment the woody hues and creams. On closer inspection their stamens have been pulled to prevent even the pollen disturbing the perfect sheen on the mahogany pedestal tables.  The large windows should allow a lot of light through, yet the heavy drapes and city dirt on the panes leaves it dull to the point of depression.  The desk was made of amber-colored wood and a green granite top. Exquisite paintings hung from the rich, red walls. Even the door hinges were engraved with swirls and elegant designs. The domed ceiling rose at least 100 feet high.

Kimberly is skipping oh so happily through the lobby.  Marie walks fast to keep up.  Kimberly then stops suddenly, waiting for Marie to catch up.  Kimberly then grabs hold of her sister’s right arm and drags her over to a comfortable looking sofa near the receptionist desk.

“Sit!  Sit!” The Woman Scorned sits herself down and drags Marie down with her onto the sofa. “And lets chat…”

“Yeah, you said you wanted to talk.” Marie sighs and shrugs her shoulders. “Kim, I don’t know what else needs to be said.  I am so sorry for what I did.  I took you for granted and I will never let that happen again.  You were right about Katya and Syren and Ravyn.  I should have listened to you.”

“Silence!  I keel you!” Kimberly says with a grin on her face.

“Kim, be serious.”

“I’m trying.” Kimberly snickers. “This is me trying to be serious.”

She pats Marie on the chest. “And that’s you, proving our dear old daddy right.”

“Huh?” Marie asks, tilting her head and staring at her twin in a confused fashion. “Say that again?”

“I kidnapped you and tried to replace you.  That was my greatest crime against your...excuse me, OUR family...and it was the crime that landed me in the loony bin.  The funny farm.  Whatever.  Do you remember why I did it?”

Marie nods her head slowly. “Yes.  You were jealous of me.”

“Right, I was so jealous of you that I was willing to try to become you.  But it wasn’t the first crime against you. Was it?” Kimberly shakes her head and laughs nastily. “Oh I was a really naughty girl.  I gave you and our poor old mother hell.”

Kimberly reaches over to a nearby coffee table and picks up an apple and hands it to Marie. “Here.  Have an apple!”

“Uh, no thanks…” Marie says, offering it back.

“Suit yourself.” Kimberly takes a bite of the apple. “Anyway, yeah, I did some pretty heinous things.  But it wasn’t because I was jealous of you.  Oh no, not back then.  Back then I hated you.”

The grin on Kimberly’s face slowly fades away.  She now has a stoic gaze, one that almost concerns Marie as she watches on and continues to listen.

“Back then I worshiped the memory of our father….what was his name again?”

“Sean.  Sean Williams.”

“Oh yea, him!  Anyway, yeah, I worshiped that man’s memory.  And I hated you and our mother for the alleged crimes committed against him.  I didn’t know  what was true and what wasn’t.  I never got to know dear old daddy.  I just knew what Emma told me.”

Emma is the sociopath who served as a foster mother for Kimberly.  She was the woman who raised her off the grid, away from society, and is arguably the person most responsible for Kimberly being the way she is today.

“What did she tell you about him?” Marie asks.

“Only good things.  She told me he was a very good man who only wanted to have a normal family, with a good wife, and children.  But Emma told me that our mother threw us away and made him think we were dead, just as a nasty trick to play on his emotions.  Emma told me how our mother would constantly harass and torment our poor father until she finally just murdered him in cold blood.” Kimberly glares daggers at Marie. “You see now why I hated you, why I wanted to hurt you.”

“You do know that she was lying, right?”

“Oh yeah, of course.” The Woman Scorned answers, nodding her head. “But there’s still one problem.  I don’t know what the truth is about our father.  All I know is what Emma told me and I know she was lying through her teeth just so she could turn me into a weapon, a weapon she could use against you and our mom.”

Williams reaches over and places a hand on Marie’s shoulder. “You said back at the Union Center that if there was anything you could do to make it up to me for what you did with Katya and Dark Fantasy, you’d do it.  Am I right?”

“Uh-huh…” Marie says, nodding her head, nervous about where this is going.

“I just want one thing.  Tell me about our father.  You were around him. What was he like?”

“That’s all you want?  You want to know what Sean Williams was like?” Kimberly nods her head emphatically.  Marie sighs and shrugs her shoulders. “I’m sorry Kim, but I can’t give you much in terms of answers.  He died when I was pretty young.  What memories I do have of him are positive.  He tried to love me the best way he knew how.  Looking back I didn’t like how he and mom were fighting so aggressively against one another but it was because he, and mom as well to be fair, was passionate about what he believed in and passionate about wanting to be with his daughter.”

Marie can see tears forming in her twin sister’s eyes.  “And he would’ve been just as passionate about you if he knew you were alive.”

“So that’s it?” Kimberly asks, with a look of disappointment on her face. “That’s all you know?”

“Unfortunately, yes.  You could ask mom, but she doesn’t like talking about it.”

“That would be kinda awkward, don’t ya think?  Hey mom, tell me about my daddy!  You remember him, right?  The guy you killed?”

“Kimberly…” Marie remarks in a scolding tone.

“Sorry!  But still, it’s true…”

“I know.  But you know, if you don’t get much out of mom, there is another avenue to take.”

“What’s that?”

“Our father had two siblings, a brother and a sister.  Both of whom are still alive.”

Kimberly grins knowingly. “Excellent.  Please tell me you have an address.”

“I do…”

==========
On Camera
==========

It was Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the revolver!

No, no, it was Professor Plumb in the Study with the wrench!

Damn, that’s not it!  Oh wait, I got it!  It was Miss Scarlet Grey with her head shoved so far up Syren’s ass that she could see out her belly button!

I know, I know, technically Katya was the boss’s daughter and the one with the “power” but come on, everyone knows who was the puppet and who was pulling the strings in that relationship.  I wouldn’t be surprised if those two clowns and Ravyn weren’t all shacking up together.  It does kinda make for a sweet love story, doesn’t it?

Unless you’re Mr. D…

Former boss, if you’re coherent and you can hear this, you might want to get your youngest daughter checked for fleas among other dirty things…

You should seriously consider getting checked for fleas too, Scarlet.  I mean, look at the company you were keeping.  You damn sure picked the wrong horse to back in this race, sweetheart.

Now before you say anything, yes, I know that I too was fighting for that same horse.

Appropriate, actually, since Katya does have a face that resembles a horse.

But yeah, it appeared as if I was backing that same horse.  Yet if you thought that you would be mistaken.  I wasn’t backing Larry, Moe, and Curly of Dark Fantasy.  I was backing my sister.  I will walk through hell with my sister because I love her and will support her and protect her from herself if need be.

It’s called loyalty, Scarlet.  Something you may not know much about.  Didn’t you come in here as part of a tag team called The Red Empire?  First of all, what kind of goofy as fuck name is that?  I hear the name “Red Empire” and I think of a shitty nineteen eighties flick starring Patrick Swayze.

Secondly, as far as “Red” empires go, me and my sister did it first and did it better than you and old Ruby.  Ginger Nation dominated professional wrestling circuits for years.  We dominated GCW and UWA.  We folded only because there was literally nothing else for us to do.

But you’re supposed to be a Red Empire and yet you’ve done next to nothing since arriving in SCW.  At least your partner, who you showed ZERO loyalty to, by the way, Ruby...you abandoned her and ran off to be BFFs with Kandis and go for the tag titles with her.  At least Ruby did win the SCW Television Championship.

What’s your claim to fame, Miss Scarlet?  You didn’t win a championship and you sure as hell didn’t murder Mr. Body in the hall with the revolver.  Your only claim to fame is being Syren, Ravyn, and Katya’s handmaiden.

For the intellectually-lacking, people like you Scarlet, allow me to translate that: you were their bitch.

You fought for them.  You sold your soul to them. And why?  Because you thought they were going to reward you?  You thought they were going to give you the world on a platter?  Oh you poor, pathetic, little fool.  They never gave a shit about you or anyone else.  They only cared about what you could do for them and once they were done using you they were going to cast you aside like yesterday’s garbage.

Idiots like you are easily manipulated by them because your feeble little mind is focused only on  the fast track to greatness.  You are only focused on your materialistic goals.  I see through their manipulation.  But I played along and I played nice as a member of the team.  Why?

Because of my sister.  Because of loyalty.  Something you don’t have.

Now, the time for playing games have ended.  All bets are off and I no longer have to pretend to be a part of this team.  I no longer have to pretend to like slutty scum like you.  Instead I can focus on doing what I do best.

Maiming each and every member of this little team, especially those who decided to jump Marie and I on Breakdown, until I get to Ravyn and Syren, until I can rip their brain stem out from their nostrils with a very sharp object!

Stabby! Stabby! Stabby!

Consider this my goal to clean up Supreme Championship Wrestling.  And I’m going to start with you, Scarlet.  You’ve been dirtying things up around here with your useless and pathetic irrelevance long enough, bitch.  Now I’m going to get rid of you.

You really shouldn’t have jumped us on Breakdown.  I only held back before, I only played nice before, because Marie asked me to.  But she doesn’t care anymore.  And then you and your pals attacking us?  That just flipped a switch.  You pissed off the wrong damn sociopath.  You pissed off someone who really doesn’t care what happens to her.

I’m going to teach you all about loyalty, Scarlet.  True loyalty.  Real loyalty.  Not the misplaced loyalty that you seem to have.  Shit, your team already got its ass kicked at Retribution.  Why are you still fighting for that dead as fuck horse?  You are only loyal so long as it helps you.  Then you move on.  Ruby couldn’t get you what you wanted, so you leeched off of Kandis.  Ruby’s moved on from you and she’s done fine for herself, but you?

You’re the little bitch at the bottom of the totem pole.  Ruby may the only fuck in that group who even knows your damn name.  I guarantee you that if I cripple you on Breakdown not one fan will give a damn that they’ll never see your ass again.

Well, some of the horny men might be upset about not getting to see your ass again, but that’s a different story.

No, I don’t know why you remained loyal to those clowns.  Are you throwing a tantrum with the rest of them because you lost?  Are you just plain stupid and you actually think they are your friends?  Whatever the reason, your decision was unwise.  You pissed off Kimberly Williams and hell hath no fury like The Woman Scorned.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evil Contained

========== January 25th, 2020 Chicago, Illinois Off Camera ========== The streets are the most private of public spaces, much the same as walking in a country lane in some rural place. Yet if you are okay with solitude, if you matured passed the point of loneliness to feel your own worth, there is a vibrancy here that can uplift the soul. All around there are moments of kindness, fleeting smiles and gestures of appreciation that are the beauty on this canvas of weathered grey. We are separate, it's true, but we are together too. These streetlamps that light the way in every nighttime are ours, as brilliant as any landing strip for skyborne pilots.  Standing off to herself in one of the darker spots on the street corner, just inside a back alley, is none other than Kimberly Williams.   The Woman Scorned is here in Chicago for an SCW wrestling event tomorrow night, a night where she competes for the SCW United States Championship against Bree Lancaster.   But tonight

SCW End of the Year Open Invitational 2018

========== Off Camera ========== This run down home would appear, at first glance, to be abandoned.   It appears to be un-kept and completely ignored, allowing time to do its dirty work of destruction.   Sections of ceiling hang limp in the stagnant air. Fragments of plaster lie damp over a long un-trodden floor, their only purpose to soak in the seasonal rain. Cold water seeps through window frames, rotten and blistered, to nurse the mildew and rise up wallpapers that peel.   Dust lay over every surface like dirty snow, pristine dust layer, not a foot print anywhere, dust bunnies the size of bowling balls tumbled across the floor boards toward unseen skittles, free papers piled up to the letter box and cascaded all the way to the foot of the rough wooden stairs, old tea cups lay on a coffee table thickly encrusted with dried up mould, dust covered mirrors, smell of mildew, stale air, air thick with dust, shafts of light bursting through gaps in the boarded up window, light

Emerge 5

========== Off Camera ========== Kimberly Williams has never been a normal person.   One would guess that her journey would be a unique one due to the fact that she was raised not by her own mother in a loving home but by a sociopath, off the radar, out in the middle of nowhere and away from any and all social interactions.   Only recently, in her late twenties, did the identical twin of Marie Annabelle Jones decide that she wanted some sense of normalcy.   But even ‘normal’ wouldn’t exactly be the kind of normal that society would expect.   Those close to her have gotten used to most of Kimberly’s unusual quirks.   It’s just a case of Kimberly being Kimberly, they say.   Even Marie herself has grown to accept that there are certain things about her twin sister that will never change.   Normal for Kimberly may not be true normalcy but it is as close to normal as The Woman Scorned will ever get. “He is bad news, Kim!” That doesn’t mean Marie has to approve of everyth